What is Customer Service?
Before we get started, you are probably wondering who are these guys to educate me on such? Well, we are the guys who took a dream and vision from a small store in computer village to having stores across Lagos and Abuja for the past 15 years.
Now, you know you should listen to us.
So, customer service is an elaborate and interactive process of understanding a customer and fulfillment of his/her needs as per the company’s resources, capacity and capability for the product sold or service delivered. In this context, the customer’s expectation starts from the time he/she has purchased the product or subscribed or hired the service. You have to be deliberate when it comes to customer service because that is the only way to guarantee repeat sales.
The ideal customer experience involves different factors, below are a few tips to help improve your customer service.
- Clear and precise explanations: An upset customer is typically an uninformed customer. The customer should get a thorough explanation of everything that concerns the brand or product. Never assume that the customer already knows. If you cannot do something for a customer because a rule is in place, clearly explain to them why it cannot be done.
- Calm and polite demeanor: If a customer service rep does not sound polite on the phone, or simply is not nice to people, they need to find another job. The tone and manner in which he/she speaks to a customer have a direct impact on whether that person would patronize that brand further. A good customer service representative addresses the customer respectfully, only using their first name if given permission, and never raises their voice. A customer service rep should never try to talk over a customer, nor should they raise their voice if the customer begins to get louder. There is nothing to gain from a shouting match with a customer.
- Pay close attention (write it down if needed!): The worst thing a customer service representative can do is not pay close attention to the customer they have either in person or over the phone. It is important they put away all distractions and listen to the customer carefully, writing down notes if needed. A good customer service rep does not need to ask the same question more than once.
- Under-promise, over-deliver: This is an old saying but will always ring true in the world of customer service. A large part of how a customer views their overall experience will be based on the expectations that were set. If a situation requires the customer service rep to call the customer back, it is important to allow enough time for the callback. A good representative will never exceed the time in which they promised to call the customer back, and will always give themselves more than enough time. The same goes for when products are being shipped to a customer; if the time in transit is typically 3-4 days, tell the customer 4-6 days. If the product arrives sooner, the customer will be even happier, and perceive their experience as “good customer service.”
- Clearly posted policies: This is important for online vendors. If a product is non-refundable, it is important to state it in the fine print. This would help to prevent unnecessary squabbles.
At Dreamworks, we have the best customer service team on the planet. So, we are not just giving you these tips because it’s convenient, we are a living embodiment of it but don’t just take our word for it.
Visit any of our stores today and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & LinkedIn to purchase your Laptops, phones, home, and office appliances and we promise an experience you will never forget.
5, Oremeji Street,
Beside Polaris Bank,
DWPremium Store Lekki
Shop C9, Lennox Mall,
Admiralty Way Lekki Phase 1,
Dreamworks Abuja Office
Shop 5, Cappador’s Center, Alexandria Crescent,
Behind Banex Plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja.
Call: 0812 815 8673
DWPremium Store Aromire
D’Podium Event Centre
No. 31B Aromire Avenue,
Off Adeniyi Jones Ikeja Lagos
+234907 301 6346
103, Bode Thomas Street,