The Samsung RU9000, also known as the Samsung 9 Series, is a decent 4k TV. It’s well-suited for dark room viewing, as it has a high contrast ratio to produce deep blacks, and it has excellent black uniformity. However, even though it has decent reflection handling, it struggles to overcome glare in bright environments due to its low peak brightness. It has a great response time to deliver fast-moving scenes with minimal motion blur, and it has an optional Black Frame Insertion feature to further improve clarity. Its low input lag makes gaming feel incredibly responsive, and it supports variable refresh rate (VRR) support to help minimize screen tearing. Unfortunately, while it has an impressive color gamut to produce a wide range of colors in HDR, it doesn’t get bright enough to make highlights pop and lacks a local dimming feature. Also, its VA panel’s sub-par viewing angles make it less ideal for wide seating areas. Like all Samsung TVs, it runs on the great Tizen OS platform, which has tons of streaming services readily available.
Warm and cool LED backlighting enlivens your content with deeper blacks and brighter whites, while millions of shades fill the screen with energy.
- Crystal Processor 4K: This ultra-fast processor transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- Dynamic Crystal Display: Crystal-shaped nanostructured particles reveal millions of colors, producing a true-to-life picture.
- HDR: Unveils shades of color and detail you can’t find on HDTV.
- Dynamic Crystal Color: Millions of additional shades of color reveal a vibrant, lifelike picture.
- Real Game Enhancer: Helps prevent tearing and stuttering, giving you smooth, lifelike visuals along with cinematic sound.
- Motion Rate 240: Minimizes motion blur on screen, so actioned-packed movies and sports stay smooth and crisp.
- HDR Formats: Supported HDR10 (Static MetaData), HDR10+ (Dynamic MetaData), HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). All Samsung 4K UHD TVs also meet the CTA HDR-Compatible Definition.
- Boundless Design: An ultra-thin bezel on all sides for a stunningly clean look.
- Smart TV Powered by Tizen: Go beyond smart TV with next-gen apps, super-easy control and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV-watching experience.
- Universal Guide: One simple on-screen guide organizes your streaming and live TV content, while also making recommendations.
- TV Plus: Enjoy your favorite content through virtual channels.
- Samsung OneRemote: The sleek and slim OneRemote automatically detects and controls all compatible connected devices and content.
- HDMI: Enjoy higher-quality audio and video with an HDMI connection that transmits both signals over a single cable. Compatible with next-generation Ultra HD Blu-ray players and HDR content decoding. Includes 1 Audio Return Channel (ARC). Wi-Fi Enjoy your favorite on-demand content seamlessly through your existing network with built-in Wi-Fi (802.11AC).
- Dolby Digital Plus: Enjoy the ultimate digital sound quality on all of your favorite movies, TV shows and streaming content. Dolby Digital Plus optimizes your entertainment experience with enhanced sound richness and clarity.
- Industry Certifications: 4K Ultra HD Connected All Samsung 2020 4K UHD and QLED televisions comply with the CTA 4K Ultra High-Definition Connected definition requirements. The trade organization known as the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is considered an industry authority on engineering standards for consumer electronics in the United States. Visit www.cta.tech for more information.
- Included Accessories: Samsung OneRemote (TM2050A)